5 Easy Weeknight Dinners for One
You just got home from work, tired, sweaty, and hungry. You open the fridge but don’t see anything appealing to eat—and are wondering what to have for dinner. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of my favorite one-dish dinners, which are perfect for a weeknight meal, particularly if you’re tired, stressed, or just want to eat something on the go. Read more.
Easy and Delicious Weeknight Dinners
In the fall, it can be difficult to find time to cook dinner for one. It’s even more daunting when it’s a challenge to find simple recipes that require no more than thirty minutes to prepare. If you’re feeling this way, you need dinner ideas that are quick, easy, and healthy! One solution is to recreate your favourite dishes at home, but there’s nothing like the taste when you make them from scratch.
Check out these weeknight dinner recipes that don’t require a lot of time or a lot of effort but still taste great:
- Chicken Enchiladas – This chicken enchiladas recipe is one of the most popular weeknight dinner recipes. Enchiladas are a popular Mexican dish made with a corn or flour tortilla, an enchilada sauce, and meat or vegetables. They are typically served with guacamole, sour cream, and Pico de Gallo. It’s super easy to make, and to make it even easier; you can use store-bought rotisserie chicken to cut down on the prep time. If you like these enchiladas, you can substitute ground beef or ground turkey for the chicken or use Salsa verde instead of enchilada sauce.
- Potato Soup – It’s winter, which means it’s cold, wet, and often snowy, so what better dish to make than this classic comfort food. The savory combination of carrots, celery, onions, and potatoes is so comforting it’s a classic in the comfort-food department. You can swap out the vegetables for any combination of other vegetables—in fact, it tastes great with cauliflower and broccoli, broccoli and cabbage, and broccoli and Brussels sprouts, for instance—and serve it with a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley for an extra punch of flavor.
- Spaghetti Frittata – Spaghetti Frittata is one of the most delicious meals that you can make on a weeknight! It’s easy to put together, and it’s a recipe you can even make in a matter of minutes. It makes for a great weeknight dinner recipe, and it’s a fantastic way to use up leftover pasta. You can make the pasta ahead of time or use leftover pasta, then mix in the eggs, pepper, and veggies just before serving. It takes just 30 minutes to make, is filling, and can be made by anyone. It’s a great dish to make with kids. It is a gluten-free dish that is both satisfying and nutritious yet tastes so delicious.
- Lasagna – Lasagna is often seen as a fancy meal, but that’s not always the case. Lasagna is a fantastic way to get your family to eat together again. All the components of lasagna can be prepared in advance and put together 10 minutes before dinner time. Plus, since a large lasagna serves 6-8 people and can feed a family for at least 2 meals, it is an excellent way to make use of your leftovers.
- Weeknight Goulash – Goulash is a simple yet incredibly delicious dish that is perfect for those busy weeknights that you find yourself stuck at home. The recipe is easy to make, and it can be plated up in a bowl or on a plate, with bread or side dishes. It is also one of the most versatile recipes that could be served with anything. It can be a main course, the main dish, rice or rice, a vegan dish, a vegetarian dish, and even a gluten-free dish. You can whip up this hearty meal in less than 30 minutes, and it’s filling enough to share with your significant other or a group of friends.
You’re never too busy to eat well. It can be difficult to produce new, satisfying recipes every week, especially when you’re busy. But with a few simple recipes, you can transform your meals every night into simple and delicious dishes that are low-stress, easy to make, and great for your health. So, which weeknight dinner suggestion listed above will you try this week?